Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Work hard, play hard...

I spend too much time worrying about food consumption and weight gain. It could be that I have a body image disorder. There are 100's of possible reasons for this, but I think it's the case.

I like to eat and I do have a challenge in controlling myself when I find something I like. I tend to eat even though I'm not hungry...because it's there.

I get a bit fanatical about it and figure it's like a bank account...if I eat a lot, I need to work out a lot OR if I've worked out a lot, then I can eat a lot. As long as my account nets out to zero, I'm good to go.

Recently, I've realized it's kind of a "work hard, play hard," approach that's working for me. What concerns me is the type of habits I'm developing now. It's easier for me to do a big workout, long run, etc. now than it will be in 20 years, but I'll still have the bad eating habits--tougher to break.

Just wondering if I'm putting myself on a bad course right now or if this is the essence of moderation.

Maybe admitting that I have some type of eating disorder is the first step to conquering it.

Tamar often says, "I bake things that are healthy," and while that is true, it doesn't apply if you consume larger than acceptable portions.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments