Sunday, July 30, 2006

Redefinition of wealth...

Perhaps because I think about money so much and harbor fears of economic insecurity am I so caught up on my newly revised definition of wealth.

I am just blown away by the outpouring of concern and sensitivity for my health. As I told Tamar, I would generally know that a friend was having surgery, but it would be unlikely that I would remember the actual day and if I did, I probably wouldn't call to just check in (part of that is b/c I don't want to be a nuisance, but part is b/c I don't think it'll do much good).

Well, having been on the other side, I can tell you that it DOES do good. In 5.5 years, I had never seen our answering machine read "F" for "Full" until yesterday.

When I think about our friends and family and how they send positive vibes, it makes me believe more and more in the recuperative power that friends provide and that people who have the most friends (and a great family, too!) are the richest ones around.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments