Monday, July 10, 2006

Rich Jew comments?

I've had 2 comments in the past 2 weeks that struck me as odd and I'm not sure how to react.

One came from a business associate. I was describing some of the technologies I'd like to implement at my synagogue and the response was, "hey, that'd be a great marketing opportunity for Microsoft, right? All of the members are business owners, aren't they?"

"Actually," I replied, "there are probably more lawyers than business owners," but I was trying to decipher what that meant.

I went to a party the other day with a Turkish acquaintance of ours.  I was wearing my Microsoft shirt and said, "even though I work for Microsoft, I've been trying to explain that I'm not a millionaire, I joined too late."

He responded, "that's ok, you've got enough money."

Both of these comments could be interpreted in any number of ways, I suppose, but perhaps I'm conditioned to think of these in one way because of past historical prejudices.

Is this a proper generalization or an over-reaction?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments