Sunday, July 02, 2006

Pushed to the limits...

When I think of human experiences that push people to the limits, I think of scaling Everest and the Ironman Triathlon. I don't think of child-rearing.

At least I didn't until Friday night.

Admittedly it was a very difficult week with the flood and all. We went up to Baltimore to spend the Sabbath with Tamar's sister and her family. Erez had started to have a runny nose during the day on Friday and on Friday night (I guess Saturday morning) around 1.30am, he got up.

We tried everything we could to calm him down and remain sensitive to the fact that there were 11 other people sleeping in the house.

After a while and nothing was working, we were both at wits end. Fatigued beyond any previously known exhaustion.

I just started crying from fatigue, almost begging Erez to go to sleep, pushed to my limits for that day.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments