Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mr. Miyagi...

I have taken on the role of tutoring my next door neighbor for his Bar Mitzvah (14 months from now).

Initially, I was a bit concerned that I didn't have it in me and that it would take too much time.

Fortunately, tonight, he brought his A game and did a nice job of preparing.

I told him that a large portion of success in this endeavor stems from mental discipline. He'll be prepared on the fundamentals, but he just needs to stay focused.

"Soon," I said, "I'm going to have you wax my car."
"What are you talking about?" he inquired.

I had already given him a list of homework assignments for the next session.
"Oh, one more thing for your homework. You need to tell your Dad that you have to watch the Karate Kid."
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments