Sunday, July 30, 2006

The English Patient...

I'm not English and I haven't sold any maps of Egypt to Nazis lately. Nor am I burned beyond all recognition or stuck in a war-torn Italian villa, but aside from that, I feel like the English Patient.

This ALL due to the fact that I have the most caring, loving, thoughtful (and sexy!) nurse one could ask for. Tamar has been an absolute rock (star) in her care for me since we got home. Add that to the fact that she's pretty much done solo duty with the kids and you get a picture of her effort. She's tended to every possible need, advocated for me, encouraged me, and just done an amazing job of nursing me back to health.

Would I have been able to do it without her? I suppose, but having the strong emotional support is something that can't be administered in a pill (though if it could it'd be a huge moneymaker).

I spent 45 minutes cleaning up this afternoon while she was napping and when Erez awoke from his nap, I quickly pulled him out of the crib and took him downstairs. A feeble attempt to repay her for her efforts. This is a debt that is going to sit on my balance sheet for a while.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments