Sunday, July 23, 2006

Feeling suburban and paternal...


Took the kids to Sesame Place today and it was a jolt to my system, because I was the stereotypical suburban dad (at least we don't have a minivan...yet!).

I lugged all types of supplies around the park in the same travel backpack I had used while riding the rails around Europe. Only this time, instead of hiking boots and The Lonely Planet guide, I had baby formula, wipes, diapers (swim and normal) and size 1 shoes.

All of this with a double stroller...most uncool, but yet...cool.

Seeing the pure joy on Calanit's face as she watched the parade of characters and shouted out, "Elmo! Rosita! Prairie Dawn! Bert!" and on and on made it all worthwhile.

Tamar asked her in the car on the way home, "what was your favorite thing today?"
"I already told Abba," she said.
"It was when she got to give Big Bird a high-five," I added.

Now that is priceless...but the whole day ran us about $150.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments