Saturday, July 01, 2006

A disturbing trend?

I live in a heavily Jewish area...

There have been a few incidents lately that could mean nothing...or something.

1. One house on my block is basically abandon. The elderly woman who lived there died and her daugher-who has mental issues-hasn't done anything with it. It's in the same situation as it was the day her mother died-over two years ago. About 1-2 months ago, it was vandalized.

2. Three weeks ago, some of the cars that were parked on the street (as opposed to driveways) had their tires slashed.

3. On Friday, I believe as of this writing, that my cleats were stolen from my front porch.

4. Saturday night, when we returned from Baltimore, I found a discarded bag of Pork Rinds on my lawn. If it had been Doritos, I would have thought nothing of it.

So, is my mind playing tricks on me? Are these just a series of random events without any connecton?

Or is there a larger anti-Semitic (or even just creeping negative elements) in my neighborhood about which I should be genuinely concerned?
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments