Sunday, November 04, 2007

Weekend with the kids...

I should probably moan and complain about how hard this weekend was and how little sleep I got. That would ensure additional "brownie" points.

Truth be told, it's been rather smooth.

The clothes were laid out. Meals were prepared in advance.

The kids' expectations have got to be lower when I'm in charge.

I reduce my own expectations of what I will get done.

Some huge assists from my mom, sisters, and the Price family and things were pretty smooth sailing.

Perhaps the highlight of the weekend was Friday evening after dinner. I let the kids stay up a bit later (hoping-futilely it turned out) that they would sleep later on Sunday morning.

For a solid hour, the two of them were laughing and playing and just having a great time. I couldn't help but feel the pride as I saw the sibling relationship grow stronger.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments