Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Sometimes things go smoothly...and sometimes they don't.

First, last night, I try to log on to United.com for a flight to Seattle, only to see that I'm not on the flight.

After 90 minutes of dealing with American Express Business Travel (don't call them on a Sun. night), I get that issue fixed (something with UA's system). Of course, I am now in a middle seat for the non-stop, cross-country flight.

Then, I call to reserve a cab for 9.30am on Monday morning.

At 9.40am, I call to find out where the cab is. "Oh, your reservation is for NEXT Monday," I am told.

So, I have to drive myself to the airport.

I spill orange juice on the lady next to me.

My back spasms.

I get to Seattle, pick up the car, and drive to the hotel.

Only to find that my "computer is too sophisticated for the wireless network," so I have to change rooms so I can use a wired line.

Which works for about 20 minutes.

I'm connecting using my phone's data connection.

This is crazy. I should just go to bed.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments