Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What I Want in Facebook...

I think the honeymoon may be over for me with Facebook.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the service a lot (it's still got a lot going for it), but I think, in some respects, it needs some modifications.
  1. I am tired of getting invites for vampires and zombie apps. I'd like to have a "stupid" filter of stuff that I don't want to receive or, better yet, vote down the people who send me the stupid stuff and disqualify myself from getting their invites.
  2. I need major flexibility in sorting through my friends. Why does everything have to be in alphabetical order when I find something I do like and want to pass it on? Why can't I sort by location/interests/religion/political views? That'd be great.
  3. If someone removes me as a friend, I'd like to know about it. I'd also like to know why. Ok, that's probably a stretch.
  4. More on #1, but as it relates to people I see in my newsfeeds and status updates. Some people are just more interesting than others and better communicators.

My friend (on Facebook and otherwise), Sean posted some other good ideas.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments