Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Saunas...

I have a friend, Heikki, in Finland who told me about the sauna culture in his home country. It borders on obsessive, apparently. People have social gatherings and business meetings in them.

I can see why. First, you don't have a ton of time before you pass out, so your discussions need to be productive.

Second, because you are naked (or almost), you have less inhibitions, not more, so you build connections more quickly.

After I had a 50 minute "Swedish" Massage, which was very nice, of course, I sat in the wet and dry (which I prefer-but only if it's REALLY hot) and had 3 great conversations. Plus, I feel great and detoxed.

Champion Blog reader Gadi (yes, he's won the latest round  in a TKO, sorry RW) wants a walk-in meat locker in his basement.

I've long said...I'm getting a sauna...that's my life's luxury. Today, I reaffirmed that goal :-)

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments