Tuesday, April 24, 2007

First Class Etiquette...

I got the first class upgrade, but I wasn't dressed like everyone else.

My attitude when travelling (which I'm willing to debate) is: comfort over fashion.

I wasn't terrible, a pair of casual slacks and the logo-emblazoned shirt of a partner company (never want people to recognize the shlump as a Microsoft employee, right?)

Most people were wearing dress slacks and nice shirts. Others ties.

There was one guy, though, who made me look like a GQ model.

Torn jeans, t-shirt, ripped sneakers...hadn't shaved in a few days.

I didn't think much of it...until we got into the tram that takes you from gate to baggage claim in Seattle.

The guy is standing across from me, on his cell phone...speaking Hebrew.

I kicked myself. My "Israeli-dar" didn't kick in...I should have pegged that one a mile way.

 

[Note to those unfamiliar with Israelis: they are notoriously casual--and I'm being loose with the term casual here]

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments