Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Tale of 3 Referral Awards...

One of the best ways for a business to get new customers is through referrals. If you are doing a good job, get your customers to tell their friends about you. It's free.

Then, when you do get it, make sure you thank the source. And if you want to do something extra nice, show them how much you appreciate it by giving something tangible. It doesn't need to be expensive, but a little bit goes a long way.

Here are three cases in point.
  1. I sent a new client to Karen of Corporate Network Services. She thanked me with 2 movie passes.
  2. I sent my mortgage broker, Amir Peleg, a new client...he sent me some Dining Dough.
  3. My dentist (I'm her consultant) got 2 new patients. She sent a card (not the one shown...I can't find it) just to say thanks.

It's just smart business. Far cheaper to spend $25 bucks to say thanks to a referral than to go out and spend a lot more for a "cold" lead.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments