Saturday, December 02, 2006

Dental Consultant..

I neglected to mention that I am the unofficial marketing consultant to my dentist.

A few months ago, we started talking about her plan to acquire new patients. She expressed interest in doing a newsletter to people in the surrounding area.

"Terrible idea," I said. "Too expensive and too time consuming. Your best source of new revenue and new customers are from your existing customers. What's your most profitable procedure?"

"Implants."

"Ok. Why not do a seminar or something that educates your patients about when and why they need implants."

About 2 months later, I get a flyer in the mail...for a seminar on...you guessed it...Implants.

Bottom line: her total profit from the exercise is approx. $4000. Net investment was less than $1000. Not a bad Return on Investment (ROI), eh?

If my dentist can do it...anyone can!

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments