Thursday, November 30, 2006

Choosing a dentist...

My two criteria for a new dentist 1.6 years ago were

-convenience to my house
-in my insurance network

Not everyone agreed with this approach (read: my mom and my brother-in-law), but I did a search of the provider directory.

And now, an insight into how stereotypes work....I saw Dr. Anh of Wheaton Dental Partners (301) 946-8444 in the directory and said to myself (I kid you not), "in my experience, Asians make very good doctors. They are diligent and thorough."

That's not to say that others don't, of course (I got heat from at least 2 people for not choosing a Jewish dentist, for example), but I have a lot of respect for the work ethic of Asians.

Well in the past year plus, my initial assessment has proven to be right...and then some. Not only is Dr. Anh extremely thorough, (she does the cleaning herself), but she (and everyone in the office with her) are a delight. She has created an atmosphere of warmth, friendliness, and true customer service.

Tamar-who prior to Dr. Anh hadn't been to the dentist in a long time- has become a HUGE fan...she adores the team there. I think she loves them more than she loves me...but I digress.

This morning, I walked in and when all was said and done, they handed me a card, flowers, and chocolate...because they had heard from Tamar...3 months ago!!...about my thyroid cancer and just wanted to wish me well.

Have you ever heard of a dentist who does that? Phenomenal.

I LOVE these guys.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments