Saturday, January 27, 2007

Book Review: Dracula

I felt like a member of the landed gentry as I listened on numerous car drives to the full version of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

The illustrative prose and vivid detail made me feel like I was sitting on an English country estate during the golden era of English literature (late 1800's for Stoker), devouring the ongoing drama that was playing out in the mountains of Transylvania and streets of London.

To be understated would be to call this book "fabulous." From the first moment, it grabbed me, like a vampire grabs his prey (corny similie intended) and it didn't let me go.

Even now, with the book done, I am a bit elevated by the feeling it left with me.

From beginning to end, a pure joy. Seriously. I feel richer for it. Very much worth it.


blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments