Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Performance Review: Stomp

Went to see Stomp on Saturday night at the Warner Theater in DC.

Whenever we go out (yes, I know 3 times in 1.5 weeks-a new record), I do my best to make sure that it is dance related. That way, Tamar will be happy.

It's an excellent display of percussion capabilities using every day materials such as brooms, trashcans, and lighters. In some ways, it is a social commentary--you can make music anywhere with anything. One thing that struck me is that the materials were all of the blue-collar work variety...I thought they need to update for the post-industrial era--try making music with laptops, cell phones, laser printers, keyboards, mice, and monitors.

Seriously, though, it was a great night. Here are some clips
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments