Sunday, November 05, 2006

Voting...

It amazes me that we have to encourage people to vote. I've been fortunate to travel a lot and I've visited many countries where the citizens would have a hard time envisioning the types of freedoms that we have here.

Of course, I have a strong opinion about who should win, but I have a stronger opinion that we all should participate.

The fact that Arizona is providing an incentive to vote by offering people a lottery ticket is something I can't quite understand. It's a shame that our participation rates are as low as they are.

Lance Armstrong once said, apparently, that "if it weren't so fatal, everyone should have cancer."

Well, the right to live in a free country falls in the same category of sorts. If it weren't so painful, all of us should live in a dictatorship/non-free country.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments