Wednesday, November 22, 2006

How my wife and I complement each other...

Was sitting in synagogue last week and listening to the Torah being read. One sentence jumped out at me.

Genesis 24:27 And he [Eliezer] said: 'Blessed be the LORD, the God of my master Abraham, who hath not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master; as for me, the LORD hath led me in the way to the house of my master's brethren

The commentary made a point of saying that you need to have both kindness and truth. If you are only kind to people without telling them the truth, you do them no favors. If you are only truthful, you risk upsetting them to the point where the message isn't heard.

It got me to thinking. Tamar is the kindness side. I am the truth side. Our marriage is about bringing those two together to the right balance.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments