Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Book Review: Small Is the New Big

Any long time reader of this blog will know that I am a huge fan of the marketer, Seth Godin. I have read pretty much all of his books and I love the way he thinks.

I just finished his new book Small Is the New Big which I liked, but didn't love. It's a collection of a few years worth of his Blog postings in what we would now call a "Blook". Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good stuff in there, but I felt like something was missing compared to his previous works like All Marketers Are Liars you know, the "Big Idea."

It was sitting on my desk when I got an email from a friend asking me to review his website. I looked at it and my mind was transported to a section in Godin's book about websites. Did a search, found the PDF (here) and sent it to him. It's exactly what he needs.

Made me do a double take and reconsider the value of the book. Wanted to be a jaded cynic, I guess, but failed at it.


blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments