Thursday, November 30, 2006

Book sharing philosophy...

It's rare that I read a book and then refer back to it a few years later. There are a few, but not too often.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed them, but I just don't see myself going back to them.

My new policy is one of "targeted & strategic sharing."

I look through my network of people and ask myself, for a given book:
1. who would enjoy this?
2. who is a person with whom I want to strengthen my relationship?

In other words...
1. who will find value/utility from this?
2. from whom do I expect to find value/utility in the future? (note: this need not be economic, but could be quantified in terms of the degree of closeness we feel to each other.)

So now, I am in the process of shipping books out all over the world.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments