Sunday, November 12, 2006

Catching Bees With Honey...

This philosophy isn't usually associated with my parenting style. I seem to resonate more with Captain von Trapp. A colleague at work used this phrase the other day and it stuck (pun intended).

This AM, it was obvious that Calanit was still tired (so was I, but that's secondary). I put her into her bed at 9.30am. She cried and cried, saying "I don't want to take a nap."

I put Erez down at 9.45am and then went to her room. She was reading/playing. A nap wasn't in the cards.

"Tonka, Erez is taking a nap. I am about to take a nap also. Do you want to take a nap in Abba/Ima's bed?"

She nodded.

The boy slept for 3 hours, I slept for 2. Calanit seemed to be in a good mood (she said she had napped.)

Nevertheless, lesson learned.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments