Wednesday, November 22, 2006

American Citizen for President

This is the brother of a friend of ours. I think he's got a good idea...how to use the power of the Internet (outside of the way that the current parties are using it) to generate change. It's a matter of time before a true grassroots movement takes hold via YouTube, del.icio.us, or www.digg.com or something else takes off.

That being said, I think our friend needs a bit of work in his pitch.

Here's why...
His ideas are good, but his presentation needs work. YouTube (and most everything that we do) is about people's attention and entertainment. This video is nice, but it doesn't really grab you right off the bat. As a result, you start tuning him out.

I'm posting this because I think he's on to something, but it's more than the message, it's the presentation of the message.

Next, there's no viral component. WHY would I forward this to someone else? That's the key component of a web-based anything. Get the word out, make it interesting, and compel people to forward it, post it to their blog, or ACT on it.

Brian-I like your thinking and I think it's on the cusp, but the true YouTube candidate is going to appeal to our emotions as well as our logic (plus we need to improve the video quality :-)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments