Thursday, November 02, 2006

First initials...

I get that some people don't like the names they received from their parents. Makes total sense to me.

What I don't understand is, if you don't like your first name, why do some people choose to announce to the world that they don't like it?

I got an email today from "D. Todd xxxx"

There's a guy in my office who goes by "G. Andrew."

Aren't you just begging people to say "hey what does the D stand for?" Then, you have to explain (again!) why you made the decision to be "D. Todd." Why not just "Todd" and be done with it?

Unless, you're doing some sort of branding thing and you think that "D. Todd" is better than just "Todd"? Or maybe D is for David/Dan and you think those are too generic.

I don't have a middle name, so I'm kind of stuck.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments