Friday, November 24, 2006

Mobile email...

Here's an interesting service that I came across today. Emoze.com claims that they can give you all of the "Blackberry type" functionality (aka PUSH) for free. I downloaded the software, but haven't fully checked it out yet. I am going to, since it'll be a VERY cool addition if we can make it work.

For about 2 years now, I've had mobile email from work, but not from home and I'll tell you...as we become more and more email centric, having that "anywhere, anytime" email access is becoming more critical.

I've had meetings cancelled or updated with a change of address that--were it not for my mobile email--I would have missed them. Tamar's been in the same boat, but without an ability to check the email (and frankly w/2 kids she doesn't have much time to sit down at the PC), she misses it--and when you think about it she ALWAYS has her phone with her, so it's a natural fit for her. In fact, I'm going to get emoze.com and test it out for her, first.

In a few years, it’s going to be a no-brainer to have this email functionality on your phone, but this is a great step (at a price you can’t be) to try and overcome that hurdle. I’ll be wondering, as a technologist, if this type of service gets built right into the service contracts with some phone companies (or maybe even ISP’s).
Since it is free, I am a bit concerned that there's some sort of catch, so I'll follow up on it, but it's a nice thing to get w/o having to upgrade the phone.

Let me know if you download it and try it out…and what kind of experience you are having with the software. I’m always interested in feedback.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments