Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Paradigm Shift...

My mom and I were talking about our Sunday evening plans (invited to a Hannukah party) and she says, "I've got to be there by 7pm so I can see 60 minutes. There's a piece on the Holocaust."

So pre-DVR era...arranging your life around a TV program.

"Mom," I said, "why don't I just record it on my Media Center? Then, I can burn you a DVD."

Time-shifting of TV is such a great accomplishment. I don't even think anymore about when shows are on. I just think about when I can watch them.

Came in handy on Sunday morning. Erez was sleeping and I wanted to do some pull-ups (on my office door). I didn't want Calanit to feel like she couldn't be with me, so I said, "hey, do you want to watch the Backyardigans in my office while I exercise?"

She sat in my office chair and watched the episode on my monitor. The convergence of TV and PC is complete in her mind.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments