Monday, December 11, 2006

Football comments...

I don't blog on sports often.

Probably because I fear that it's not appealing to the blog audience. However, what I've found is that, anecdotally, each blog reader has a different set of tastes and skims to the topics of interest to him/her. I should have known this, but now I'll feel a bit more comfortable increasing the breadth of posting.

So, simply because I have the opinions, here we go. In no particular order.

  1. The Redskins are horrible. Joe Gibbs' team was 4-8 and showed no gumption in going for it on some 4th and 2 calls. Come on, you're playing for dignity
  2. BTW, the Redskins name is offensive and should be changed.
  3. The Saints are the real deal. I love Reggie Bush. The Texans have got to be kicking themselves.
  4. Love the fact that the Saints were up 35-17 and went for an onside kick against Dallas. Now that is going for the jugular.
  5. Rex Grossman is not a good enough quarterback to lead the Bears to a Super Bowl victory.
  6. Drew Brees is. Now that would be a GREAT story.
  7. I love what Vince Young is doing for the Titans.
  8. The Colts have had a rough go of it, but I still think they are the team to beat...finally.
  9. It'd be neat to see the Chargers-Saints in the Super Bowl.
  10. There's a great term Schadenfreude. I always get it when I see Dallas, New York, or Philadelphia lose.
  11. I love the idea of the NFL Network. Make more money. Go for it. I also love how they are institutionalizing "Night Football" on Thurs/Sat/Sun/Mon. Way to rake it in, guys!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments