Friday, December 08, 2006

September 2011 is your next appointment...

In Blood Donor parlance, I'm known as a "Champion For Life," which means I donate at least 4 times a year.

I've been donating as regularly as possible since 1991. I think it's one of the best and most cost-effective ways to give charity. [There have been times where due to travel I was ineligible].

I read about an O negative blood shortage in the area (universal donor-anyone can take my blood) and was motivated to donate for the first time since the cancer treatment.

Got up early and rushed to the donor center....only to find out that my radioactive iodine treatment precludes me from donating for 5 years.

It was a sail-deflater, but that's life. Guess the impact of the cancer isn't quite gone yet, is it?

At least I can look on the bright side....when they took my temperature, it was 97.9

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments