Saturday, September 30, 2006

Tequila...


My cousin turns 21 today and her dad rented her a limo to take her and a few friends bar-hopping.

I called her up as she was waiting for the limo and said, "I only have one piece of advice."
"What's that?"
"Stay away from the Tequila."
"No problem...everyone has had a bad tequila experience."

I wonder why that is.

Last week, joined the Licht family for dinner and somehow the conversation turned to tequila and bad experiences. Which, of course, prompted us (well, some of us at least) to determine that that moment was the right time to do some tequila shots.

Of course, we're older and wiser now so things did not get out of control at all and there were no "bad experiences" (except for having a bit of a fitful night of sleeping for me....now that I'm so old, eh).

Today, they were over for lunch and adhered to our relatively extreme gift-bringing policy and brought a bottle of Jose Cuervo (is there any other brand, really?) [Steeley Dan had a song where they talked about The Cuervo Gold, but I digress.]

No, it wasn't a re-gift or partially opened bottle, though either would have been fine. And, what's more, they provided me with a unique set of guidelines, since they know my Type A personality, of the "7 Habits of Highly Effective Tequila Drinkers."

And they are:
1. Don’t drink the worm
2. Always drink with a friend
3. Only do shots. Tequila isn’t meant for mixed drinks.
4. Fresh Lime=no lime juice
5. Pace yourself
6. Drink plenty of water
7.Use a good salt shaker (preferably non-iodized salt)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments