Saturday, September 09, 2006

Senator Epstein


Was reminded of a funny story (at least I think it is) today at lunch and it's worth re-telling.

About 2 years ago, we were invited to a wedding in Toronto. I went online to make the reservations. When I did, I saw that the drop-down menu for the titles was longer and more extensive than normal (that old British commonwealth thing, I suppose). I figured, "what they heck, I'll choose Senator." So I did.

About 2 weeks later, I realized I hadn't asked for a crib, so I emailed the hotel.

Later, Tamar said to me, "you know, the hotel in Toronto called. I have never been treated so nicely in my life. They said the crib would not be a problem and that when we get there, we should stop by and meet the Hotel Manager."

I was impressed, "wow, those Canadians are friendly," I thought.

About 2 days after that, I said, "Hmmmm....I wonder if their attitude has anything to do with the fact that I selected Senator in the drop-down menu?"

Tamar was aghast. I said..."hey, I just thought I'd have a label in some database in Canada. Besides, they're Canadian! :-) What's the big deal?"

We got the crib, got a nice room, a few extra fruit plates...and have a great story to tell.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments