Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Creative Destruction...

Joseph Schumpeter coined this term and I find that it applies to my technology implementation as well.

As is pretty clear to most of you, I do my best to keep solid tabs on data, particularly contacts and calendars.

For about 2 years, I've been using a service called Plaxo to synchronize the data in my Outlook between my work laptop and my home machine. That way, if I make a change of a phone number in one place, I have it in the other. (My work PC also synchronizes with the server and with my phone.) I've found it critical to keeping my data clean. It was a good service, was free, and had the added benefit of giving others the opportunity to update the data themselves.

For some reason, however, it's not working with Office 2007, which I now have. I was on the live chat w/tech support and they said, "we're having technical difficulties."

Well, this gave me the opportunity to find another way to synchronize my data. For a few dollars, it seems like I've found the solution (ShareO) which does what I need it to do. Granted, I've just installed it, but so far, so good.

One company's misfortune is another one's fortune, I suppose.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments