Thursday, June 08, 2006

Some semblance of responsibility...

Tamar and I are horrendous about going to bed early. We are both night owls and have done a poor job of modifying our behavior to accomodate the fact that our children go to bed between 8-9pm and get up between 5:30-7am.

Consequently, we are exhausted. All the time.

Combine that with the demands of our working lives and you have a recipe for burn out.

Last night, we hit the wall. Both of us.

I got up at 5:30am to fly to/from Norfolk for the day. As I was leaving, Erez woke up and began Tamar's day.

There's so much to do after the kids go to bed just to maintain the operations of the house and then we need a itsy-bitsy-teenie-weenie amount of time for ourselves that it's 12am before we crash.

Last night, we showed a smidgen of responsibility. It was 9:15pm and we decided to go to bed. We couldn't take it anymore.

That would have been a nice ending to the story except for the fact that we were so worked up from our non-stop running around that we couldn't relax. I even covered a nice portion of my body with Ben-Gay to help relax the muscles. Nothing worked. Had a nightcap. Watched some TV. Read a book....bottom line: 2am was my bedtime.

I'm worse off than when I began. Ugh.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments