Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Cable saves jobs?

I've seen a bunch of ads on cable tv recently saying that "Cable provides jobs." I'm not sure what message they are trying to send...should I keep paying higher cable rates b/c of other people's employment needs? That's not a good sales message. By that measure, what about the buggy and whip manufacturers? Carriages provided employment as well.

My advice to the cable industry: Shut up and figure out how to deliver more value for less cost to the consumer Or deliver more for the same price, but don't make me think that it's a civic duty to pay higher cable bills.

Full disclosure: I took us off the VIP comcast package and now have basic cable (we hardly watch TV and when we do, we use the Media Center which has more than enough stuff recorded for us) and use Verizon FIOS for Internet
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments