Saturday, June 24, 2006

Being Present....

One of the "benefits," if you can call that, of the current medical conundrum is the mental acuity that results from a greater awareness of the fragility of life.

When I'm with my kids, in particular, but in many other more mundane situations, I am feeling a heightened sense of awareness. I am feeling much more PRESENT in the PRESENT. It's a nice feeling to not be looking back or looking forward, but just being right here now.

There's a song I've been listening to (thanks to Jeremy and Tamar Lustman...yes, they have the same names as we do!) by a group called Lev Tahor. It's called "Da'agah Minain" which is *roughly* Aramaic for 'Don't Worry."

The whole song has only a nine words (in Hebrew/Aramaic) and translates to English as:

"The past already happened, and the future has yet to come. And the present flies by like the blink of an eye, so from where do you have worries?"
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments