Thursday, March 30, 2006

Money on my mind...

I spend a lot of time thinking about money or maybe I should say, worrying about money. Worrying about whether we’ll be able to meet our future financial goals. I’m less concerned with the basics and more concerned with the extra stuff that I/we do that requires the extra cash.

Is it productive to worry? Not at all. I’m better off doing something about it.

Actually, I’m better off recognizing what’s really important (and even what’s not) and taking joy in the little things that happen each day instead of letting the other things get in the way of my enjoyment.

  • When my kids smile for me
  • When I get some piece of technology working the way I want it to
  • When I get on the scale and am satisfied with the result (180lbs. or less)

It’s annoying that, though I appreciate these things, I still let the neuroses get to me. Maybe as I/we age we allow the recognition of the fact that the small things are the stuff that eternity is made of and that money is more fleeting.

There’ll be more on this topic, I am sure of that J

 

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments