Friday, March 31, 2006

Customer story du jour


From someone I know who works at a bookstore....

A guy walks up to the info desk.   Ask where we have books on...."you know,
like health"

My co-worker and I ask if there is a specific book he's looking for because
the health section is sub-divided into several categories. (also, books are
never usually where the customer THINKS they are)

He says he saw a doctor on TV.   "Had a Jewish sounding name.    Something
Berg.   Youngish fellow.   Nice looking.    all about what you should eat.
  talked about the liver.   had his picture on the book.   on tv it you
could get it with a cd too but in stores it was just a book."   

Kept saying   over and over "He's a doctor.   Jewish sounding name.
  Something Berg....or maybe it was Berg Something"   

We can look things up by what TV show they were on - so my co-worker asks
him where he saw it on tv.

" IN MY LIVING ROOM!   Where did you think I saw it???????"

We explained about how we can search by television show and he said "I have
cable!   I have over 200 channels - how do you expect me to remember?   And
I fell asleep anyway."

and then:

"but he was a doctor.   With a Jewish sounding name.   Berg something - or
something Berg.........
(yes, we know that. nice looking - youngish. had   his picture on the book)

(meanwhile we had rattled off a bunch of names - Jewish sounding and not -

I don't know how we kept a straight face when he said the line about "in my
living room, where do you think I saw it" Like WE'RE the idiots....

#2
Another guy came in for a book that had "Click" in the title.   He didn't
know the name of the book - but he KNEW IT HAD "CLICK" in the title. Turned
out it was the book "Blink"

#3
Another woman wanted a book that was "a biography of one guy written by
another guy. " She wasn't quite sure of either guys name.   It was for he
daughters school report and the teacher hadn't been too clear.   I said
well, I can't really look it up without one of the names -and she said,
  well then, do you think another store would have it?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments