Wednesday, March 01, 2006

the day that didn't end...

On the way in to the gaming networking event last night, we met two young women who were hocking Red Bull. The deal was...listen to their pitch (in Hebrew) and get a free Red Bull. Why not? It was only 7.30pm

Asher picked up a free coffee at the event and then, after dinner at our friend's home, he had two espressos, I one. Well... we got back to our sister's apartment and hung out for a bit. I went into the bedroom to read a bit of "The Coming Economic Collapse" and it was a page-turner. Next thing I know, it's 3am and my mind is racing. I try to sleep, but can't. Asher, meanwhile, has slept for an hour, but then wakes up.

We start talking. Finally, it's 6am and we know at this point we're doomed. We have a day full of meetings and there's nothing we can do to get any sleep.

We go for a walk...Forrest Gump style, and before we know it, we have walked the entire length of the Tel Aviv beach promenade and back- a distance of probably 7 miles and had two cups of coffee. It's 7.45am

We hit the road for a day full of meetings that include a drive to Haifa. At the last meeting, I have to excuse myself because I was falling asleep in the chair...which is exactly what I do when I get outside the room.

Finally, we get to out stop for the night..and sleep awaits us.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments