Sunday, March 26, 2006

George Mason...Cinderella

There's no doubt that real life is better than scripted drama. Take the amazing run of George Mason's basketball team.

I found myself getting emotional about their chances and their improbably victory. It's what makes America great. Our belief (and desire in some respect) to see the underdog win out thanks to gritty determination and desire.

So great to see a team come together and do something that no one thought was possible.

OK, maybe I thought it was possible, but I thought the odds were ridiculously high.

A great, great achievement and great encouragement to all of us, because at one time or another, each of us in the underdog.

I guess this is why movies like Cinderella Man and Seabiscuit do so well :-)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments