Saturday, March 25, 2006

Courtside seats and skyboxes...

It seems like I am always trying to find the balance between the "big picture" stuff like spending valuable time with family and friends and the day to day stuff that is critical to just keeping the machine well oiled, like doing your job, raking the leaves, or caulking the window.

These thoughts fly through my head multiple times a day and it's interesting to think how our perspectives change during the course of the game that is my life. Sometimes, I am sitting courtside, appreciating the fine details of my life and focusing on them. Other times, I am high above, in the metaphorical skybox, and just taking it all in from that view.

The tough thing, of course, is trying to figure out when you should move up or down on the perspective ladder.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments