Monday, March 13, 2006

Catastrophe averted...

The weather has been wonderful the last few days so I opened the windows to air out the house.

Last night, I heard a "thud" and then a beep-beep from our alarm system that indicated one of the "zones" of the house was not secure. Then, nothing.

I said, "What happened?" and Calanit answered, "I closed the window!"

Thank G-d nothing serious happened, but the thought of her fingers getting smashed went through my head over and over again. I had no idea that she could even reach the window and for a few hours afterwards, I was really shaken up. There are so many ways these kids can hurt themselves, it's scary.

Later that night, around 10pm, I went into her room to check on her. She was still awake. We had a nice little chat for a few minutes and I just found myself thinking, "I know she can't, but I want her to stay this way forever."

So loving, cute, innocent, curious, and fun. People say that it only gets better and I've seen that it does, so I guess I'll just have to continue doing my best to cherish every moment as it happens.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments