Friday, March 17, 2006

If a tree falls....

In the 7 months he has lived, my son has not mastered the fine art of sleeping through the night. It's very trying...and exhausting.

With Tamar gone to dance camp, I was the sole individual responsible for the care and feeding of our children.

Thursday night, I put Erez down around 9pm. Usually, he wakes up around 12pm or so. It was 12 and I didn't hear him, so I went to bed.

Next thing I know, it's 7:30am on Friday morning and the house is quiet.

"It's a miracle," I think, "he's slept through the entire night."

Then, I realize there's another possibility.

I am a notoriously heavy sleeper (I slept through an air raid drill in Israel once) and it's definitely possible that the boy woke up, cried, and I just didn't hear him.

This, of course, begs the question...if Erez wakes up in the middle of the night and nobody hears him, did he actually sleep through the night?

(Note: Friday night, my parents were here and at 1.30am, my mom heard Erez crying...from downstairs where she was sleeping, so maybe he didn't actually sleep through the night or maybe he did and Friday night, he reverted. We'll never know.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments