Friday, June 27, 2008

Three Rings of Death…

You know the infamous Microsoft “Blue Screen of Death,” right?

Well, the Xbox 360 adds to that lexicon with the ignominious 3 rings of death.

I had heard of the unusually high defect rates for the Xbox 360 console, but, like anyone said: ‘that’s the kind of thing that only happens to other people.”

Wrong!

We got hit.

And, of course, I was out of warranty…or was I?

To Microsoft’s credit, they are extending warranty for 3 years from date of purchase and fixing/shipping free of charge.

No wonder they took a 1 billion dollar hit. Oops, I mean, we (I am a shareholder, full disclosure).

Worse news than not having my Xbox 360 (which doubles as my DVR) for 3 weeks.

An irritated NFO who won’t get to watch (whenever she wants) “So you think you can dance?!”

Not good for me.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments