Sunday, June 22, 2008

Coming economic challenges?

Don't know about you, but the way I think of the 70s is of a pretty dreary, bleak time in American economic history.

My brother and I, ever the entrepreneurs, were out selling donuts and orange juice to folks waiting in the gas lines.

Since then, we haven't had an era of "stagflation."

Just read an article in Inc. that we may be headed for that, part of the natural economic cycle, I suppose.

Was chatting with a friend of ours the other day and said, "next summer we'll look back at $4/gallon gas with fond memories, since it'll be higher."

"Don't say that," he implored, wishing I was wrong.

"I hope I am wrong too," but "hope for the best, plan for the worst."

I'm an optimist by nature, but Gen X may need to, for the first time as adults, buckle down.

Something to seriously think about.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments