Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guess the Gene…

Paco is permitted to use a pacifier only at night, when he is sleeping. He also knows that when he turns 3, the pacifier era is coming to an end.

Sometimes, when he is really tired and cranky, he will put it in and walk around with it.

I’ll see it, give him a look and he’ll take it out of his mouth.

The other day, he comes downstairs with the pacifier in his mouth.

I give him the look and say, “give it to me, please.”

He puts it in one hand and looks at me as if “who me? I don’t have a pacifier.”

“Let me see your hand…”

He raises his left hand.

“Your other hand.”

He lowers his left, moves the pacifier into it, and raises his right hand.

“Both hands please.”

He puts the pacifier at his waist, leans against the couch (pressing it and hiding it) and raises both hands up in the air…and smiles.

“I’m on to you, man! You can’t trick me!”

…and we both start laughing.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments