Sunday, June 22, 2008

Coming through in the clutch...

Was listening to sports radio the other day and the announcer said that one of the measures of greatness (Tiger Woods was the impetus I believe) was his/her ability to "perform in the clutch."

It's one thing to be "Mr. May." It's another thing to be "Mr. October" (or November, these days).

The challege for any athlete (or any professional) is to not let the pressure of the situation affect you.

This week I have two great opportunities to build out my business. I am excited. Also, a bit nervous.

I know, however, that if I tense up and don't deliver an experience that is consistent with the "Jer979 brand" that my odds of success are lower. I just need to be me and to relax.

The flip side, however, is that I know that a lot could be potentially riding on this.  All the way from my next contract to the ability to feed my family.

That's some pressure.

Now is the time to show some of Tiger's mental toughness and not let the situation surrounding the opportunity affect the way that I perform.

If I do my thing, the way I do it, it'll be great.

Clutch time, baby!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments