Sunday, June 29, 2008

Football by any other name…

Long time blog readers know that there is a steadfast rule in my house that the kids can only eat in the den if we are watching football.

This builds the excitement and appreciation for my favorite sport.

Well, having lived in Europe for a year, I did develop an appreciation for “the beautiful game” (aka soccer) and was looking forward to watching the Euro 2008 Champioships today.

After swim lessons, visiting with our aunt, a birthday party, and taking 2 kids to Home Depot, I didn’t feel like I had ignored the kids.

Bottom line, if you ask Tonka (and possibly Paco): “what do they call soccer in other countries?” you will get the correct answer.

Hence, we were able to enjoy popsicles and snacks while watching Spain defeat Germany, 1-0.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments