Monday, June 02, 2008

Talking myself out of a job...

Had a great job interview the other day. The team was awesome, the platform for career growth was tremendous, the name recognition would have been huge...

But I talked myself out of it...during the interviews, no less.

The culture requires that folks be in the office from 9-6 each workday (or most).

I get that and see why it is critical, but I couldn't see myself doing it.

It would have required a 7am wakeup, a 7.45am departure and a 7pm-ish return.

I made a potentially career-limiting decision.

I told them I didn't think I could do it.

My kids are only young once.

Even if I take 20 minutes to go get Paco or Tonka from school....Or give the NFO a break by holding Gianni, for me, right now, that's where I want to be.

The technology I love so much enables it, so I may as well do it.

I may look back at this decision later and regret it.

Doubt it.

Have you made similar choices?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments