Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jewish Blogography...

I've played the game of Jewish geography hundreds, if not thousands of times, but I've never had the connection be a blog...until last night.

Went to my sister's 28th birthday party at her boyfriend's apartment. Since Dina was born on Feb. 22nd, which George Washington's actual birthday, the theme was Presidential. They did a great job of decorating.
Anyway, I started talking to Sandra (left, obviously) and my sister, Kira, says, "watch what you say, it may end up on his blog."

The conversation, not surprisingly turned to blogs, and after giving them the Jer979.com address, Sandra, said, "hey, do you read Michael Eisenberg's blog? I think I saw a comment you left there."

Further proof of the community building elements of blogs and how we're all connecting through communities of common interest.

It's a nice twist on the original game of "do you know so and so?"

Now, it's "do you read so and so?"

And it was only later that I realized that Tamar and I know Sandra's sister, Susan. Small world, eh?

Bonus Material on the Get Together
And for those who are interested, here are my sisters with their close friend, Yonat, and just to get people riled up, an updated picture of Dina and Eli (here's the earlier one).


blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments