Saturday, February 17, 2007

Vista Install…Part 1

So, I have installed Vista at home…and here's what I've got for you.

(Note: I bought a new hard drive and installed there, keeping my XP intact for the time being).

The good news:

  1. The install was blazing fast, easy, and it worked the first time! 30 mins and I was up and running.
  2. The new UI is sweet!
  3. The same machine moves much faster
  4. I love Office 2007! A big improvement.

The not so good news.

  1. When I installed, Vista didn't recognize my sound card. I downloaded it, but still a hassle.
  2. My printer/scanner doesn't work…with no plans by Lexmark to change that. MAJOR bummer
  3. My Xbox doesn't connect as a media center extender (realize this isn't a huge issue for most), so I face a choice…get an Xbox 360 or keep switching back and forth.

If you are considering an upgrade to Vista, you'll want to use the Upgrade Advisor to identify any potential issues.

BTW…Word 2007 has built-in blog posting capability…which is what I'm using right now.


 

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments